Jun 22, 2007

Discussion of the first draft of the Constitution, part 1

I would like to discuss each section of the Constitution as I go to explain goals, objectives, and possible changes.

Preamble
Very self-explanatory.

Chapter I (general info)
Article 1
Simple stuff - who is a citizen, the language, country name, etc.

Article 2
A bit more complicated; the idea is to resemble a constitutional monarchy without actually being a constitutional monarchy (more on that to come in future articles). So Edan is described as a monarchy with an elected legislature.

Article 3
Simple symbol descriptions, although I am immodestly proud of the flag design, which I hoped would be unique.

Chapter II (goals)
Article 4
The basic statement of a social contract - you be a citizen, the kingdom will make things better for you

Article 5
And protect you!

No comments: